Simple Fruit Crispby Amylee Amos MS, RDN, IFMCPRecipes
Looking for a dessert that’s sweet, fresh, and indulgent that won’t sabotage your efforts of optimizing your metabolic health? This simple fruit crisp is the dessert for you. It’s quick to make with only minimal ingredients. Even better, it’s relatively low in carbohydrates for those looking to maintain mild ketosis, it has no added sugar for those working to optimize blood glucose levels, and it packs in healthy fats and phytonutrients. Stevia is optional for those that prefer a sweeter dessert, though our team found it to be delicious without it. We’ve made our version with frozen strawberries, but you can certainly use fresh (the final product will be less watery). Feel free to swap the strawberries for your favorite berry, or use a mixture of different berries for more phytonutrient variety!
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ⅛ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ packet 100% stevia (optional)
- ¼ cup strawberries, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine almond meal, pecans, coconut oil, and stevia. Mix well.
- Place sliced strawberries in a small ramekin.
- Top strawberries with the almond meal mixture.
- Bake on 350 for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.