Armenian Cabbage Saladby Amylee Amos MS, RDN, IFMCPRecipes
If you’re looking to increase your intake of cruciferous vegetables in the most delicious way possible, look no further. This take on Armenian Cabbage Salad is packed with flavor, color, and crunch. The spices and herbs add a nutritious boost of phytonutrients. This recipe works well as a side dish, though adding your favorite protein such as a filet of salmon makes it a great main course. As an added bonus, this salad gets even better the longer it sits, so make extra and enjoy the leftovers the following day!
- 4 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup parsley, minced
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup tomatoes, sliced
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Aleppo pepper (or chili flakes)
- 2 tbsp cumin
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses (made from 100% pomegranate) or pomegranate juice
- Combine cabbage, parsley, onion, cucumber, and tomatoes into a large bowl.
- Add salt to bowl and stir well. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Aleppo pepper, cumin, olive oil, lemon juice, and pomegranate molasses to make the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the bowl and toss well.